The Instrumental (Band) program consists of
- Beginning Band (5th-6th Grade)
- Festival Band (7th-8th Grade)
- Concert Band (9th-12th Grade)
- Jazz Band (9th-12th Grade)
- Pep Band (7th-12th Grade)
Performance opportunities include:
- On-campus evening concerts (at least 3)
- Local venues
- State competitions
- Annually, the Concert Band takes its music “on the road” for Music Tour in coordination with the Concert Choir. The students have toured destinations such as Disney World in Orlando, Chicago, and Washington, D.C. While on tour, they perform at Christian schools, churches, and public venues. Tour is one of the highlights of a student’s experience in our band program.
These classes provide opportunities for students to grow in their faith, to use their God-given talents, to help build up and encourage our community, and to contribute positively to the overall spirit and environment of our dynamic school.
Pep Band is a bi-product of our instrumental band classes. This performing group consists of all 7th-12th grade students participating in either Concert Band or Festival Band. The Pep Band season is typically during the winter sports season. However, the band may perform at other sporting events and venues throughout the school year.
MBDA State and Regional Honors Bands and MMEA All-State
Band students have the opportunity to be nominated to the Central Division Honor Bands and participate with band students from all over Central Minnesota in the Elementary, Middle School, and 9th-10th grade auditioned Honor Bands. Students can also audition for various All-State opportunities.
For more information about the various band programs, please contact Mr. Roland Rudzitis.