Pray Legacy, a weekly gathering of students who are committed to praying for their school, started in the spring of 2010 and has continued to meet weekly, year round. The Pray Legacy theme verse is Jeremiah 33:3, “Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.” We believe that God has great plans for Legacy Christian Academy, and when we seek Him together He invites us to join Him in the remarkable things He is doing.
Pray Legacy meets every Thursday morning at 6:30 am for breakfast, sharing “God stories” and praying for the spiritual life of our school. Most Thursday mornings there are fifteen to twenty middle school and high school students, along with a small group of adult teachers and mentors who facilitate the group and provide breakfast. Students encourage each other with stories of what they see God doing at Legacy and in their personal lives. They share scripture and encourage each other in their pursuit of faith. Students are committed to praying for their teachers and peers. They also spur each other on toward love and good deeds, and are committed to being spiritual leaders at LCA.
- Students have the amazing opportunity to see God answering prayer
- Students embody the vision for the spiritual life of Legacy
- Students encourage each other in their pursuit of faith
- Students spur each other on toward love and good deeds in their school
- Students become spiritual leaders
- Students develop relationships with students and teachers who are like-minded in Christian zeal