The Board as a group will:
- Work with Administration on developing a schedule for events and meeting dates.
- Review all committee actions.
- Review and decide on the number and type of appreciation and social events, in accordance with Legacy Christian Academy Administration.
- Keep notes and records of all LPA activity. Distribute updates at Board meetings.
Each Board member is a full contributor to the organization – they each bring their passion, ideas, energy, and abilities to contribute for the good of the organization.
- Coordinate with Secretary on final agenda for meetings.
- Write/edit content and run meetings, both LPA Board and LPA community meetings, and be the official spokesperson for the LPA.
- Act as the general liaison between the LPA and LCA Administration.
- Be the lead point person for all the committee chairs on the Board, working with each committee chair to assure they have everything they need, are on schedule, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with the entire Board as to progress on activities within the LPA and general committee updates.
- Ensure documents are reviewed at the beginning of each year for any changes; make revisions and distribute as necessary.
- Gather and compile agenda items for meetings; distribute/copy agenda for meetings.
- Document LPA meeting minutes at each meeting, disseminate through email and file a final copy on the Google drive.
- Compile and maintain a database of the Board members, parent members, and volunteers.
- Stay abreast of the finances and budget of the Association to keep budget on track.
- Bring an accounting of the balance to each meeting.
- Collect disbursement reports from the committees and take to LCA for reimbursement.
- Help coordinate developing a budget.
- Communicate with Business Office to organize LPA accounts.
- Committed to volunteering where needed most, or for at least one LPA committee of their choice throughout the school year.
- Serve as an ambassador of Legacy Christian Academy and the Legacy Parent Association to foster our Christ-centered culture, promote school spirit, and engage more parents and families in the Legacy community.
- Assist fellow Board members as needed in accomplishing tasks/goals at hand as their schedule allows.
- Contribute ideas and share feedback in collaboration with other Board members.
- Attend LPA Board meetings or provide a written update for an attending Board member to report for their committee.
- Committee Chair will serve as the “go to” person for all the groups under their committee, assisting as needed.
- Recruit and identify volunteers as needed for events/activities.