Lions Athletic Vision and Mission
We strive to carry ourselves like champions, while honoring God and respecting others, by preparing ourselves to the best of our abilities and walking with integrity.
- The opportunity for participation in a wide variety of student-selected activities is a vital part of a student’s educational experience.
- Participation is a privilege that carries with it responsibilities to God, LCA, the activity, other students, the community, and to the athletes themselves.
- Experiences contribute to the development of learning skills and emotional patterns that enable the student to achieve maximum benefit from his or her education.
- LCA student activities are considered a supplement to the school’s academic program, which strives to provide experiences that will help to develop students spiritually, physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally.
Lions Athletics fulfills its mission through focusing on the core values of SCHAPE:
- SPIRIT: …then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. PHILIPPIANS 2:2
- COMMUNICATION: Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. EPHESIANS 4:29
- HUSTLE: …Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14
- APPROACH: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. COLOSSIANS 3:23-24
- PRECISION: But all things should be done decently and in order. I CORINTHIANS 14:40
- ENHANCE: Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I THESSALONIANS 5:11