Lions Athletic Mission Statement
- The opportunity for participation in a wide variety of student-selected activities is a vital part of a student’s educational experience.
- Participation is a privilege that carries with it responsibilities to God, LCA, the activity, other students, the community, and to the athletes themselves.
- Experiences contribute to the development of learning skills and emotional patterns that enable the student to achieve maximum benefit from his or her education.
- LCA student activities are considered a supplement to the school’s academic program, which strives to provide experiences that will help to develop students spiritually, physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally.
Legacy Lions Athletic Philosophy:
LCA athletes and coaches strive to carry themselves like champions, while honoring God and respecting each other and their competition, by preparing themselves to the best of their abilities, all while walking in integrity.
- “… Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (I Corinthians 10:31)
- God has called us to worship Him in many different ways. We must honor God by how we act, practice, and play. Whatever we do, we do excellently to honor God.
- “… Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)